Válega’s Main Church

The current building began construction in 1746 and took more than a century to be built.
century to be built. The front is completely covered with polychromatic tiles from the Aleluia
factory Aleluia, placed in 1960, with figurative themes of biblical origin. The interior,
also covered with polychromatic tiles, presents the ceilings covered with exotic wood, having been donated by the
exotic woods, having been donated in the middle of the 20th century by the Oliveira Lopes family. The stained glass windows
designed in Madrid, were a gift from Commander António Augusto da Silva, dating from the
years of the twentieth century.

More information at: www.cm-ovar.pt